Gears slip or skip when reeling in fish.
Possible Cause: Pinion gear and/or spool shaft damaged. This type of damage may occur with the following conditions:
- The spool is engaged before the spool quits turning or before the lure hits the water.
- When thumb bar is released in mid-cast while in flipping mode.
- The drag is set too tight while fishing with super line.
Solution: Replace pinion gear and/or spool assembly. Use the following tips to avoid conditions that will damage the pinion gear and/or spool shaft:
- Do not engage spool before the lure hits the water.
- Do not release the thumb bar before the cast has finished (while in flipping mode).
- Set drag to allow for some line slippage on hooksets when fishing with super lines.